Ireland does not currently have a formal Country Impact Group. However, interest in social impact analysis is definitely on the rise.
In May 2012, SIAA and Philanthropy Ireland jointly held a very well-attended seminar on social impact. In May 2013, they once again hosted an exploratory meeting with key people to progress the social impact analysis agenda in Ireland. Research was done subsequently to gauge interest in adopting a more formalised approach. A LinkedIn Group has also been set up.
The following resources may be of interest:
- Website of the Irish Evaluation Network
- Series of blog posts by SIAA member Sandra Velthuis of Whitebarn Consulting from March 2011 onwards about outcomes, impact and social value, including numerous article links
- December 2011 report from The Wheel about current impact practice in Ireland
- SIAA article on pages 6-7 of Spring 2012 issue of Philanthropy Scope
- Good practice guide for outcomes-based working published May 2012 by The Wheel
- Report from European Venture Philanthropy Association conference held in Dublin November 2012
- Notes from presentation at the Philanthropy Ireland September 2013 AGM by Caroline Fiennes from Giving Evidence
To find out more email [email protected].