The Hungary Impact Group was established in January 2014 with 30-35 members who aim to bring together key stakeholders from across the NGO sector, public sector, private sector and academia to support the development of the impact agenda in Hungary. The group is led by Gabor Levai from Civil Support Nonprofit Ltd, a SIAA organisational member.
The first Hungary Impact Group event took place on 13th June 2013 and invited a small group of Hungarian and international experts from diverse sectors to discuss social impact analysis, financing based on demonstrating impact, and on a more general financing for social innovation. Read the full event report here.
In January 2104 a second event was held which launched the group officially with 20 participants from NGOs, social businesses, advisers, donors, NeSST, Ashoka, universities and governmental bodies. The group continues to meet regularly with a growing number of attendees.
What is the group working on?
The group has formed into smaller working groups to address the following topics:
- Collecting international standards;
- Collecting best practices/ case studies;
- Collecting and localising indicators;
- Professional fields of impact analysis, such as long term attitude change or growth of quality of life;
- Pilot programs to implement impact measurement at an NGO;
- Collecting on-line tools;
- Inviting further for-profits, donors, investors to the working group; and
- Forming the operation of the country working group.
Who should get involved?
Financial and operational leaders of NGOs, CSR dept. leaders of for profit companies, subsidy program leaders of public entities and academic persons in connection with impact. Contact us at [email protected] to get involved.