FAQs: Social Value International
Information on the The Social Impact Analysts Association and The SROI Network Collaboration
The Social Impact Analysts Association (SIAA) and The SROI Network are joining forces to create the largest international social value network in the world.
Social Value International is the result of a merger between the international activities of The SROI Network and SIAA. SIAA will become Social Value International, and The SROI Network in the UK will become Social Value UK - an affiliated national network of Social Value International.
Both the international and UK organisations will continue to be member-led and offer training, accreditation and assurance on SROI and impact measurement.
Social Value International Structure
Timeline for collaboration
Both organisations are currently working closely together to develop and implement the necessary changes during the transition period in order to complete the collaboration. A basic timeline for these changes is as follows:
- Proposed collaboration is put forward to the members of both organisations.
- Legal members of both organisations vote in favour of the collaboration and name changes.
- First trustee meeting of Social Value International.
- Collaboration is announced publicly.
September 2014 – July 2015:
- Transition phase where names, websites and some activities will change. However, it is still possible to become a member, attend our events and participate in training courses during this time.
- Social Value International’s annual general meeting and the end of the transition phase.
What do the changes mean for current members?
As a member of The SROI Network, SIAA, or both, there are no immediate changes. Members still receive the same benefits, can attend events and participate in training.
How do I renew my membership?
- If you are based in the UK and are currently a member of The SROI Network, SIAA, or both, you will renew your membership through The SROI Network (soon to be Social Value UK).
- If you are based outside of the UK and are currently a member of The SROI Network, SIAA, or both, you will renew your membership through SIAA (soon to be Social Value International).
Bringing our networks together provides the additional membership benefit of one annual membership fee for those who are currently members of both organisations.
I am a member based in the UK but want to be part of the international network, is this possible?
Yes, the UK national network (currently The SROI Network, soon to be Social Value UK) is affiliated to the international network, SIAA (soon to be Social Value International). This means you will the receive benefits and opportunities from both organisations.
What do the changes mean for new members?
Throughout the transition phase it is still possible to receive the same membership benefits, come to our events and participate in training courses.
The only change is how you apply for membership:
- If you are based in the UK you will become a member through The SROI Network (soon to be Social Value UK).
- If you are based outside of the UK you will become a member through SIAA (soon to be Social Value International).
Get in touch
We’d love to hear your thoughts, feedback and questions on the collaboration.
Social Impact Analysts Association: Sarah Bailey, Head of Membership and Communications, [email protected] T: +44 (0) 20 3111 0735
The SROI Network: Helen Campbell, Communications and Membership Coordinator, [email protected] T: + 44 (0) 151 703 9229