National Impact Groups
SIAA is working to launch national-level impact groups across Europe and further afield.
The aim is to bring together regional leadership and expertise in order to understand the regional state of play with regard to professional social impact analysis, and work to meet these needs accordingly.
Benefits for members of a national impact group include access to:
- A peer-support group for social impact practitioners, or for those who are new to the discipline and require an introduction;
- A context and language-appropriate forum in which to exchange experiences, best-practice and useful resources;
- A networking opportunity for those interested in this agenda, with an audience spanning the voluntary sector, research and academia, the public sector, finance and consulting;
- A chance to engage with key debates around use of evidence and social impact analysis, and gain a better understanding of the state of social impact analysis in different countries;
- A means to advocate for more systemic embedding of social impact analysis within social purpose organisations, in respective countries ;
- A global network of social impact practioners through SIAA.
In the longer term we envisage there will be an appetite for more specific working groups around specialist areas, such as sector-based indicators, social impact analysis for businesses or entry level resource development.
SIAA is privileged to be working with a range of national partners and sponsors including:
The Austria impact group was launched on 8th November 2012, more information about the outcomes and next steps of the launch will be available shortly.
SIAA is working in partnership with Social Asset Measurements to establish a Canadian Advisory Board to support the development of a Canadian impact group to be launch in late 2013.
SIAA is working in partnership with the Estonian Social Enterprise Network and other organisations to establish an Estonian impact group, starting with an introductory event in May 2013.
SIAA worked alongside our partners in Spain to host an initial Social Impact Analysis Workshop in Madrid, on 7th March 2013. Watch this space for updates on the outcomes of the event!
SIAA is working alongside LJMU to develop a peer support network for social impact practioners in the North of the UK with a initial event to be hosted in April 2013.
SIAA is also in consultation with other members in France, and Ireland regarding the development of national impact groups. Get in touch via [email protected] if you want to find out more about establishing a national impact group or getting involved with ongoing regional activities.