4th International Social Innovation Research Conference (ISIRC)
Where:Third Sector Research Centre, University of Birmingham, 40 Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham B15 2RT, United Kingdom
When:12th September 2012 until 14 Sep 2012 — from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Each year ISIRC brings together the international academic community focusing on social entrepreneurship, enterprise and innovation.
ISIRC has received paper submissions from six continents and more than 30 countries. Confirmed plenary speakers include:
- Professor Dennis Young, Georgia State University: The State of Theory and Research on Social Enterprise.
- Dr Alex Nicholls, Oxford University: The Politics of Social Innovation: An International Comparison.
- Professor Graham Smith, University of Southampton: Associative Democracy and the Social Economy: Exploring the Regulatory Challenge.
- Dr Pascal Dey, St Gallen University: Social Enterprise in the United Kingdom Nonprofit Sector: A Multifaceted Relation.
- Dr Paul Tracey, Cambridge University: Ethnography as Method for the Study of Social Entrepreneurship
- Dr Maria Laura di Domenico, University of Surrey: Title to be confirmed
- The cost for those booking before 31 July 2012 will be £300 for the three day event. We have a limited number of subsidised places available to PhD students presenting at the conference. These will be made available on a first come first served basis. We also have a limited number of places available to people not presenting at the conference. These should be booked as soon as possible.
The conference organisers are also editing a special issue of International Journal of Public Sector Management under the theme: Social innovation and public services in an era of austerity.
Stream 1: Starting and scaling up social ventures
Stream 2: Towards a critical understanding of social entrepreneurship
Stream 3: Impact and performance
Stream 4: Public services and innovation
Stream 5: Governance and stakeholder relationships
Stream 6: The politics of social innovation
Conference registration for ISIRC is now open and should be made through the University of Birmingham Online Shop.
For the most up-to-date information regarding the conference, please visit the event webpage.
For further information about ISIRC 2012 please contact either the relevant stream leads, or the conference organiser Simon Teasdale: ISIRC@tsrc.ac.uk. For information on including a leaflet in the delegate packs please contact Rebecca Berridge: email@example.com. Follow ISIRC on Twitter: #ISIRC2012
This year Birmingham will also host the NCVO / VSSN Researching the Voluntary Sector Conference, making this potentially the largest gathering of civil society researchers ever in the UK.